- Japanese kids never run away, never give up, never skip a day of Japanese. Even if they wanted to, their environment won’t let them. #
- “Another reason for Jamaican [track athlete]s’ success: their attitude”
- Poor experiment-design strikes again. It turns out that age may not be a deciding issue at all with memory.
- “A simple practice done regularly is superior to a complex practice done irregularly ”
- Tip: don’t pause video. Turn down the volume. The continual motion reminds you to turn it on/up again. #
- Pure 100% immersion may not always be possible. So what? Focus on what you *can* change, not on what you can’t. #
- The Ferris on Why Language Classes Don’t Work
- I have a dream. That young white boys can grow up to be world-class sprinters without people casting ethnic aspersions on their ability. #
- Saying “I study animals in the wild” is sort of like saying “I study computers with the power plugged in” — it should go without saying. #
- All problems are solved by a sequence of small actions. The difference is in the length of the sequence. But the actions are always small. #
- Japanese sites for Japanese kids — that includes you.
- Maybe instead of “learn” a language, we should tell people to “experience” it instead. That alone could end the bias toward boring things. #
- “Crimson Tide”… that them thar dialogue is just as cool in 日本語
If you would like to support the continuing production of AJATT content, please consider making a monthly donation through Patreon.
Right there ↑ . Go on. Click on it. Patrons get goodies like early access to content (days, weeks, months and even YEARS before everyone else), mutlimedia stuff and other goodies!