- Japanese kids never run away, never give up, never skip a day of Japanese. Even if they wanted to, their environment won’t let them. #
- “Another reason for Jamaican [track athlete]s’ success: their attitude”
- Poor experiment-design strikes again. It turns out that age may not be a deciding issue at all with memory.
- “A simple practice done regularly is superior to a complex practice done irregularly ”
- Tip: don’t pause video. Turn down the volume. The continual motion reminds you to turn it on/up again. #
- Pure 100% immersion may not always be possible. So what? Focus on what you *can* change, not on what you can’t. #
- The Ferris on Why Language Classes Don’t Work
- I have a dream. That young white boys can grow up to be world-class sprinters without people casting ethnic aspersions on their ability. #
- Saying “I study animals in the wild” is sort of like saying “I study computers with the power plugged in” — it should go without saying. #
- All problems are solved by a sequence of small actions. The difference is in the length of the sequence. But the actions are always small. #
- Japanese sites for Japanese kids — that includes you.
- Maybe instead of “learn” a language, we should tell people to “experience” it instead. That alone could end the bias toward boring things. #
- “Crimson Tide”… that them thar dialogue is just as cool in 日本語
You guys are the best and I want to have your babies.
So...Let me have your babies.
Wait, what? All uterine humour aside #StopUterusShamingMeBro, seriously, your support means more than you know and I (Khatz ← that's me) am deeply grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you so, so much. Thanks for believing in me, thanks for taking action, thanks for being there.
If you would like to support the continuing production of AJATT content as well as two adorable cats (yes, actual cats) please consider making a monthly donation through Patreon. Right there. Go on. Click on it.