- This one, in addition to being a nice, chill song, has a music video was filmed in (East) Africa: [(966) EVISBEATS【PV】いい時間 – YouTube] goo.gl/tYBFFM
- I love how intensely thugging this is (lol): [(976) KINGPINZ – ACE COOK feat. MAC A$$ TIGER [Track by DJ SCRATCH NICE] – YouTube] goo.gl/4WUCNK
- Here’s an example of deliberately, aggressively uncool “hipster hop” 😀 . It’s so uncool that it goes full circle and becomes awesome.
- In that sense’s it’s sort of like 池袋ウェストゲートパーク (Ikebukuro West Gate Park) — a highly cool franchise (multiple books plus a legendarily awesome TV series) set entirely in what, along with 練馬区 (ねりまく, Nerima Ward) and 北区 (きたく, Kita=North Ward), was easily the least cool place in all the 23 wards of Tokyo.
- In many ways, Ikebukuro (池袋) was essentially an aspirational destination for kids from Saitama (埼玉), kids for whom places like Shibuya (渋谷), Shinjuku (新宿), Harajuku (原宿) and Roppongi (六本木) were too much of a stretch (whether geographically, temporally, financially or otherwise). Ikebukuro (池袋), incidentally, is located in 豊島区 (としまく, Toshima Ward).
- Interestingly enough, Ikebukuro is now indisputably the real Chinatown, home to many new immigrants from Mainland China and a place on whose streets you’re often more likely to hear Mandarin spoken than Japanese (the “official”, Yokohama Chinatown is more of a living museum).
- Oh yeah, check out the actual song: [(976) -ママチャリ- Farmhouse – YouTube] goo.gl/fLPdzS
- A ridiculously wonderful neo-retro Track: [(1028) NORIKIYO (produced by PUNPEE) 「終わらない歌 (REMIX) 」MV – YouTube] goo.gl/uZnPFR
AKLO (undeniably Japan’s best active rapper (especially given that Rip Slyme and Utamaru aren’t that active right now)), with a sweet rap about bitter childhood sports memories: [AKLO / サッカー feat. JAY’ED (M×A×D) – YouTube] goo.gl/hzqYJC
This song (and its accompanying video)…what do you even say? I want to have its babies! (lol). It raises urban banality to the level of fine art. The scenery is so boringly everyday 関東 (Kantou region) that it’s strangely beautiful, and I mean that sincerely — not being sarcastic at all — watch it and see: [STUTS – 夜を使いはたして feat. PUNPEE (Official Music Video) – YouTube] goo.gl/wNhvCQ
If you would like to support the continuing production of AJATT content, please consider making a monthly donation through Patreon.
Right there ↑ . Go on. Click on it. Patrons get goodies like early access to content (days, weeks, months and even YEARS before everyone else), mutlimedia stuff and other goodies!