If your SRSing is boring, then you’re doing it wrong. And there are three general classes of possible causes:
- Card Content: The subject matter of your cards sucks — you’re not into it.
- Card Structure: Your cards are too long (or, in some cases, too short).
- Other than for learning elements of a writing system, one-word cards are bad.
- Overlong, one-page cards are also bad.
- Cards with more than one possible correct answer are also bad: ambiguity is good and important in life, but not in individual SRS cards.
- Finally, drugs are bad, mmm kay?
- Session Structure: Your SRS sessions are too long or spaced out too far apart.