- [Random Linkage] Abstract Beauty in Hip-Hop
- [Random Linkage] No Speak English
- [Random Linkage] A Love Letter to Old Skool Hip-Hop
- [Random Linkage] Japanese, Chinese and Other Versions of “Black and Yellow”
- [Random Linkage] And Now, Time For Something Different
- [Random Linkage] If You Want To Go To the Gym, Sleep in Your Gym Clothes: Activation Energy, The 20-Second Rule and Other Immersion Lessons
- [Random Linkage] Never Too Late
This is definitely one of those songs where the video does the heavy lifting. If I do end up listening to it on the reg, it’ll definitely be because the audio reminds me of the mood and visuals of the video.
Hip-hop videos, Japanese ones included, tend to feature, shall we say, women of a more earthy, dancehallian, biological beauty. And that’s fine. In fact, it can be a lot of fun — rubenesque rapper Maria’s playful references to her body and 100-cm waist in the remix of the Jazee Minor song “100” were thoroughly enjoyable.
But the subdued, abstract, ethereal and — to be blunt — somewhat neotenous beauty on display in this video is a welcome change of pace.
- [(171) Feelin29 Feat.KOJOE – 5lack – YouTube] goo.gl/noKqGL