Boooriqua, Mooorena! Surusu (formerly known as KhatzuMemo) has been updated! This is bigger than that time you accidentally saw your friend’s Mum naked: Wow, Timothy’s Mom, I certainly never intended to open the bathroom door at such an inopportune time! And my, what unappreciated beauty!
- Multimedia capability/audio and image support: Chief among the upgrades is the ability to attach images and audio clips of [currently] up to 100KB each in size, to your cards.
- More repetition randomization to make for a more robust test of memory.
- Button Size: On the user interface front, more frequently used buttons have been increased in size, to simplify navigation. During reps, higher score buttons are also of larger size.
- DB Upgrade: As previously mentioned, the database behind Surusu has been updated in order to offer more speed and robustness. Lots of robustness today.
- HTML tag restrictions in: with the addition of multimedia capability, there is less need for HTML tags, so these have been restricted for safety. Simple tags such as <a>, <em> and other minor formatting tags are still allowed. <img> tags have been temporarily disabled due to conflict with automatic linkification.
- Q/A restrictions out: empty answer sections and question-answer equality are now allowed.
- Recycle Bin: items in the recycle bin are now displayed in order of most recent deletion.
- Lowered daily rep cap: one of the features that has made KhatzuMemo/Surusu unique is its rescheduling algorithm’s built-in repetition-capping. That cap has now been lowered from 100 to 50 reps, further lowering the “pyschological barrier” of entry, thus ironically causing one to do more reps due to lowered expectations. As before, more reps can be done using the “Extra Reps” option that appears after the day’s “required” reps are complete.
- More stats: you can now view rep statistics for the current day in addition to other longer-term data.
- Various other tweaks and simplifications both on the front and back ends.
- And cetera!
That’s basically it for now. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or problems please feel free to let me know; I would be happy to solve the ones that I can. There is still plenty of room for improvement so, your opinions are always appreciated.