- Social Resistance
- Reading and Respectability
- Flame Less + Journal More = Win
- Turn Yourself Into A Monster: What To Do When People Around You Are Not Encouraging Or Supportive
- Don’t Be A Hero
- Their Freedom To Hate → Your Freedom To Become Great
- The Righteousness of Selfishness
- Whose Team Are You On?
- Don’t Debate: Experiment
- Shadowing: No One Will Ever Love You Again
“When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.”
African Proverb 1
“If I am not for myself, who will be for me?” ~ Hillel the Elder
There you are. Immersing. Shadowing. Japanese books everywhere. Japanese sounds in your ear. And you’re starting to get a bit of negative attention. A bit of IRL trolling.
They’re against you. They’re making fun of you. They’re looking at you weird. They’re telling jokes, maybe laughing to themselves. Laughing at you. Laughing about you. Great. I get it. Whatever. But answer me just one question:
- Whose side are YOU on?
- What team are YOU playing for?
- Do you like you?
They count as one question 😀 . Trolls aren’t the problem. The answer to that question is the problem 2.
No matter how long life is or isn’t, it’s too short to go around trying to make people like you. Most people will never even know that you existed. Those that do know won’t remember. Those that remember will seldom think of you.
- For the record, I’m Just sayin’: I was born in Africa. Grew up there. This one NEVER came up. Just sayin’ 😛 ↩
- Trolls get bored and leave. Like rain, they stop. There’s no flooding and no damage…unless you have a drainage problem. Don’t take this rain metaphor too far, I haven’t thought it through all the way 😀 . ↩