The QRG video has arrived! The QRG video, nicknamed “QRG: The Movie” is a video supplement to the best-selling ebook of similar name — the quick-start, action-oriented, no-nonsense AJATT Quick Reference Guide (QRG).
As is the custom here at AJATT, let me be the very first to tell you precisely and in no uncertain words:
Why You Don’t Need The QRG Video And Why You Shouldn’t Buy It
- No special effects
- No hot chicks
- No hot guys
- No hot anything, really
- My Mum says I’m handsome, but does that really count?
- No 3D animation
- No popcorn
- In the background, you can still see the tape marks from when I used to try to prevent my cats opening doors (those clever motherlovers…)
- No batteries included
- I hadn’t shaved
- My posture was bad
- It’s a monologue
- There’s virtually no Japanese in it.
- Which is pretty funny for a site called “All Japanese All The Time”.
- Wanna know what’s even more funny?
- That’s what’s freaking funny.
- There’s lots of mumbling and rambling. To quote Tolkien verbatim: things were mumbled that shouldn’t have been mumbled.
- At one point in the video, I inexplicably feel the need to tell you that I read a lot of books — intellectual small man syndrome, hmmm?
- I have a weird, hard-to-place, mid-Atlanticy accent thing going on that is neither here nor there, and thus, ultimately, hard for everyone to understand.
- I then take this accent and mumble in it.
- It’s full of unfunny jokes.
- That I then laugh at.
- Yes, I laugh at my own jokes.
- You could just read the AJATT site.
- You could just read the QRG ebook.
- “They” (air quotes) don’t want you to have it.
- A good number of fellow AJATTeers have put up free AJATT walkthroughs on YouTube. For free. For free, meng.
- It comes with free membership in the AJATT cult wait…baby steps…baby steps…
So Who Would Want To Buy The QRG Video?
- People who bought, enjoyed and benefited from the QRG ebook
- People who have enjoyed and benefited from previous AJATT videos
- People who have read, enjoyed and benefited from AJATT articles
- People looking for a lazy, “hands-free” but action-oriented overview of the AJATT “method”
- People who prefer verbal explanations.
- People who prefer watching a video to reading large amounts of text
- People who want to get right to the AJATT “action” without wading through large amounts of interesting but “less action-oriented” individual.
The AJATT site, this site, has grown into a compendium of brilliantly insightful articles written by an incredibly handsome man. This is a good thing. The one weakness is that, well, it’s all very large, and can tend to leave you wondering “OK, but what do I DO?”.
The QRG series has been designed to fulfill the specific need to “get straight to the action”, without sacrificing the more universal and context-independent appeal of many of the articles you typically find here on the site.
Some things are best read, some things are best heard, some things are best said and heard. The QRG video, in combination with the QRG ebook, covers all these bases for you. One of the coolest parts of the video, I think, is the oral walkthrough of the entire AJATT “philosophy” (AKA “mental tools”) section.
Over and above that is the “greater than the some of its parts” effect, that inexplicable magic you get in a video that text can never quite replicate. This video is a lot like sitting with me, in my “Fortress of Solitude”, having a conversation. If that’s something you would enjoy, then I think you might enjoy this video as well.
What’s In The Package?
- Two video files — digital downloads
- one with background music
- one without BGM
- WMV format.
- File size: Approx. 425MB
- Running time: 81 minutes
- All the points in the QRG are covered with sparkling wit and verve.
For best results, I recommend you:
- Get the QRG ebook as well, if you don’t already have it. This video is designed to be used in combination with the QRG ebook, and assumes that you already own it.
- Be learning Japanese. This video, like the current QRG ebook, is quite specifically focussed in that direction.
Own It Now!
Your copy is waiting for you. But “they” may try to take it away! So panic. Buy now. Treat yourself. You deserve this. Do something for yourself for a change! Et cetera 😉 . Seriously, though, prices always go in only one direction here at AJATT.com: up. So the earlier you get yours, the better.
- QRG Video Standalone
- QRG Video + QRG Ebook + My First Sentence Pack Über Value Bundle (save over 40%) 🙂
Both the standalone QRG Video and the über value bundle packs also include:
- 1 free month of AJATT Plus — premium multimedia AJATT content combined with access to the AJATT+ Forum: The Most Intelligent, Civilized and Trolless Forum in the Multiverse (for free!)
- Your AJATT Plus subscription will automatically continue beyond the first, free month unless you cancel it.
- If you don’t want the subscription at all, you may cancel it at any time (even right after your purchase) and still keep your free month of AJATT Plus anyway. Aren’t I awesome?
- 2 (count ‘em — two) super special secret freebies.
- All 100% DRM-free. No DRM whatsoever: I hate DRM. I trust you. You’re a good person. I know you’re not going to screw me over. So I just want things to be produced and delivered in such a way that you can get the maximum possible value out of them, because that’s how I want it when I buy products. I believe that:
- You should and must have the right to play back media files on any device you own that can play them.
- You must have the right to remix (copy and paste, etc.) information for your private, personal, educational use.
- Information is for fiddling with, not just looking at.
- You, a paying customer, should and must not be treated like a freaking criminal and subjected to ludicrous, draconian restrictions on how you manipulate data you paid for for you own consumption.
No Likey? No Problem!
Buy it. Try it. No likey? No payey. As with all its predecessor products, the QRG video comes with a 100%, no-questions-asked refund guarantee. If you are in anyway unhappy with the product, just shoot me an email at qrg at ajatt dot com, and I will be happy to give you a full refund on your purchase.
Even if I try to ask questions, you can be all “nuh-uh…no questions!”